Osiris – migration of SOA to an open source platform
Union IT Services wanted to replace its existing SOA platform.
Background: It had become too expensive to continuously develop and modernise the solution. Furthermore, the functionality no longer met current requirements.
More flexibility with improved performance – these were the main demands for the new solution. Thus, Union IT Services decided on an open source strategy based on
- Java Business Integration
- Apache ServiceMix
- JBoss Application Server
- Better replaceability of components
- More stable life cycle of the integration landscape
NTT DATA's services
- Market analysis: Support in the market analysis
- Proof of Concept: Proof of Concept for the new platform
- Implementation: Implementation of the new platform
- Migration: Migration support
- Development: Continuous development of the solution
The benefits for the customer
Union IT Services now operates a cutting edge, open source-based EAI and SOA environment. The advantages of the new solution are
- Flexibility: Interfaces can be developed twice as fast. Dr. Olaf Zeitnitz, Managing Director of Union IT Services explained "It’s a good feeling to be no longer dependent on proprietary solutions. We can act much more flexibly these days."
- Cost savings: There are no licence fees, development expenditure is also lower.
- More performance: A real performance boost was achieved.
- Lower operating costs: "We were mainly looking for more quality - but of course we are happy that we no longer have to pay licence fees and the lower expenditure for development also has a positive effect on our operating costs." Dr. Olaf Zeitnitz, Managing Director of Union IT Services